(Menu Head)

Hamlin Lake Preservation Society

 

 Protecting Hamlin Lake for Future Generations 

Return to Home Page <<= History <<= 1912

Locating Map

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Camp Douglas Smith

Camp Douglas Smith was established in 1912 as Camp Winnetka.  Dr Davis gave 20 acres of land to Winnetka Neighborhood House for use as a camp for the boys and girls of Winnetka, Illinois.  Over the years it was used by many children groups including civic groups, scout groups and church groups.  Hamlin Lake residents have many memories of seeing the twenty-man canoe heading for the dunes.  And they remember the beauty of the fleet of sail boats from the camp sailing on the lake.  Hearing the camp bell ring is also a favorite memory for old timers on the upper lake.

  Hamlin Lake Preservation Society, PO Box 178, Ludington, MI 49431